Sunday, February 10, 2008

Top o' the mornin' to you!

Yesterday was beautiful, you could walk around outside in the sun without a jacket and not be freezing! Is spring on the way? Don't count on it!
Linda came over mid day and we spent the afternoon designing. Oh, sidebar: we assembled the wonderful new Ott-lite my son and daughter in law got me for Christmas. It is a floor lamp style, has an attached magnifier. AWESOME!! This was perfect for matching fabrics and embellishments yesterday. We are working on a new design for Oh My Gaudy and now each have our assignments. I need to develop the rest of the pattern [yes, we make our own] and then mark where Linda needs to add embroidery before the garments are sewn. It will take a combination of both our skills and equipment. Pattern making, sewing machines, embroidery machine, serger, beads and crystals from Fire Mountain Gems, four eyes for detail and balance....and a good bit of finger crossing and prayers!
Today it is off to town for a bit to work on my mother in law's computer, then hopefully not too late home, so I have time for a bit more sewing before the week begins all over.
This week has a bit of a hitch, as I have jury duty - for sure Tuesday and then who knows.
More later if I get time! Oh, we have a monthly newsletter, free, you can sign up for that by dropping us an email Newsletter@homesteadline.com.

Denise at Homestead Store and Bellybutton Bears

2 comments:

Bea said...

I love the Ott lights for color matching! I always get color changes from the lights in my house, and can never tell, otherwise...

Dah-neeze said...

This is my first actual Ott light, but I have two other similar ones that are worth their weight in gold. One is by my sewing machine and the other in my fabric warehouse. My sisters and I are all hooked on the 'natural' light for our sewing areas.
Denise